Raymond E. Dunn, Jr. practices in the area of civil litigation with concentrations in complex business litigation, employment litigation, land condemnation and construction defect litigation. Along with Charles Cushman, Ray also serves as counsel for the Coastal Carolina Regional Airport.
Ray is a seasoned trial lawyer who has brought more than 150 jury trials to verdict in both state and federal courts in Eastern North Carolina. Ray also tried one of the early jury trials in the newly formed North Carolina Business Court.
Ray currently serves on the Civil Rules Sub-Committee for the United States District Court, Eastern District of North Carolina, and is a member of the Litigation Sections of the North Carolina and American Bar Association.
A native of New Bern and an active member of the community, Ray was one of five founders of the Neuse River Foundation and has served on the Board of Directors of the New Bern Chamber of Commerce, New Bern Civitan Club, Neuse Mental Health Center, Craven County Tourism Development Authority, and the Eastern Carolina Aviation Heritage Foundation.
When Ray’s not immersed in one of his cases or spending time with family (including a new grandchild), he enjoys paddle boarding, kayaking, hiking, backpacking, golf and woodworking.
- Civil Litigation
- Business Litigation
- Employment Litigation
- Construction Defect Litigation
- Land Condemnations
- Personal Injury
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A. (1973)
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Master’s degree in City and Regional Planning (1976)
- Wake Forest University, J.D. (1979)
- Staff member, Wake Forest Law Review (1977-1979)
- North Carolina Bar Association, Litigation Section
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section
- Neuse River Foundation, Founder
- New Bern Chamber of Commerce
- Craven County Tourism Development Authority
- Former Officer and Director of New Bern Civitan Club
- Neuse Mental Health Center, Board of Directors
- Eastern Carolina Aviation Heritage Foundation
3230 Country Club Road
New Bern, NC 28562